Learn how the Early Intervention Framework can support services in Scotland
The Early Intervention Framework (EI Framework) aims to increase the effective implementation of evidence-based early intervention and prevention approaches to improve the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people. It has been designed to support services to make fully informed decisions about what interventions might be implementable and sustainable for their specific context.
The EI Framework includes:
- A searchable database of evidence-based mental health and wellbeing interventions for children and young people (from the antenatal period- 18 years)
- Comprehensive information for each intervention included in the database across six key dimensions of implementation (dimensions are based on the Hexagon Tool, developed by the National Implementation Research Network (NIRN) which can be downloaded here)
- Guided questioning to support critical thinking and decision making regarding selecting and implementing interventions
A self-assessment tool to enable consideration and evaluation of unique local implementation contexts
A rating system for the six implementation dimensions with prepopulated scores for Programme Indicators (Usability, Supports, Evidence) and the ability for the user to self-rate the Implementing Site Indicators (Fit, Capacity, Need) based on their local context
Demonstration of how to use the resource
Here you will find a demonstration video of how to use the resource; for a written description of how to use the resource click here.
The Early Intervention Framework for Children and Young Peoples Mental Health and Wellbeing was officially launched at the end of March 2021. For those who were not able to attend the official launch of the Framework a recording of the event can be accessed here.
Learn More About the Hexagon Indicators
Find out more about the Early Intervention Framework in this 40 minute recorded webinar.
Here you will hear more information about:
- The 6 indicators of the Hexagon Model used to describe each of the interventions included in the Early Intervention Framework
- How the 3 Programme Indicators, Usability, Supports & Evidence, were rated
- How the guided questions within the Self-Assessment section of the Framework help the user rate the Implementing Site Indicators; Capacity, Need & Fit